t Double Yellow's Musings: Lost your phone? Lose your car
The warped mind of Double Yellow craves for humor everyday. His daily dose comes from The Straits Times, The Sunday Times, Today, Channelnewsasia, etc. He also thinks that because of this preamble, this blog will never get featured in the local media. And of course, please read the Disclaimer before embarking on the journey.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Lost your phone? Lose your car

I must say, we come up with some of the wackiest innovations in the world. Ok, the Japanese ones are one up on us but we are giving them a run for their er, wackiness :)

For a long while I thought we were aiming to be the waste hub of the world with interesting toilet innovations. But to remain competitive in the global economy, it looks like we have moved up the value chain. The new innovation is a service which helps you track, unlock and immobilize your car via your handphone.



Interesting. According to a driver who was interviewed said,

When I was in Malacca last week, my wife could track where I was over the computer.

Er, I’m not sure how many people really want their spouses to track them :) Moreover, an employee of the Singapore company said,

In the event that a car owner doesn't pay two or three instalments, the finance company can recover the vehicle via the computer, or it can immobilise the car anytime

Now, now… if I were a car owner (I’m not) then why in the world would I pay for a service through which my finance company can immobilize my car? Or even if the finance company pays for this service, why would I even agree to buy such a car?

That’s not all...

I guess our reporters were too busy to ask the company as to what would happen to your car if you happen to loose your handphone? Heheh... your guess is as good as mine :)

Aiyah, all you brilliant people go and invent something useful can? Like a device built into the steering wheel that will slap the driver every time he/she cuts into other people’s lane or parks in a place meant for the disabled :)

2 Comments:

Blogger FixCon said...

hahaha that's what I thought too when I saw the news. What happen when the handphone was stolen which was actually quite common nowadays.

There's also another news about using handphone to open doors. That's even more scary. LoL What if the handphone is being misplaced in the room itself?

I guess, they need to "invent" another device to retrieve handphone.

4:37 PM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

hahaha fixcon, yeah.... sometimes i wonder whether these people 'think' about their inventions before they get down to marketing it as a product... :)

7:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home