t Double Yellow's Musings: Singapore Spoils You
The warped mind of Double Yellow craves for humor everyday. His daily dose comes from The Straits Times, The Sunday Times, Today, Channelnewsasia, etc. He also thinks that because of this preamble, this blog will never get featured in the local media. And of course, please read the Disclaimer before embarking on the journey.

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Singapore Spoils You

They say that the moment you board our national carrier you get the feeling that you are in Singapore. That is very true! But why? What makes it Singapore's mobile embassy? So on my way back, I decided to find out exactly when I felt this way. And I swear, the moment I laid eyes on The Straits Times, my nerves calmed, an amused smile came over my face and I knew I was home :)

Having been away from the 'hub' of the world, its just amazing on the extent to which Singapore spoils you. Living in Singapore is like living in a cocoon. You are shielded from so many things. Take our transportation system for instance.... train and bus at your doorstep. The cost of our cabs is really cheap when compared with some angmoh countries. Another example is food.... so many cuisines available throughout the island. Nowhere else have I found this. I asked some of my 'foreign' kaakis and they concur that Singapore is one of the easiest places to settle in. There, add one more to the 'hub' list - settling-in hub :)

Oh, of course, we are also shielded from the 'evils' of a free press. But when I read their newspaper and see their TV, its hardly like that. Their media have flaws but that does not exactly make ours the bestest in the wurl.

Anyways, its good to be back. Now need to catch up on the news.... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

Short and nice article :) In Singapore, see no evil, do no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil...

5:20 AM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

heheh thanx HS :)

lemme add a coupla more to that list - think no evil, blog no evil :)

7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home