t Double Yellow's Musings: What in the world is RSS?
The warped mind of Double Yellow craves for humor everyday. His daily dose comes from The Straits Times, The Sunday Times, Today, Channelnewsasia, etc. He also thinks that because of this preamble, this blog will never get featured in the local media. And of course, please read the Disclaimer before embarking on the journey.

Monday, November 07, 2005

What in the world is RSS?

In response to a comment by one reader, I have made the herculean effort of finding out what in the world this RSS thingy is :) To a bodoh like me, it's like studying secondary-school physics rocket science. Anyways, after two jugs of Jessica Alba's Tiger beer, clarity began to appear in the horizon.

During my druken stupor research, I finally figured out what RSS stood for. For all of you geeks out there who think it stands for Rich Site Summary, RDF Site Summary or Really Simple Syndication, you are all wrong. RSS originated from the eternal need for guys to recall the address of his preferred pr0n site and know when it is updated. Hence, RSS stands for Remember Sex Site.

But Singapore dun have such websites. So in our uniquely Singaporean context, RSS stands for "Read and Save Singapore" !! :)

Anyways, I've included a feedburner link on my site. Click on and you can subscribe to a feed of my site. Don't ask me what a "feed" is.... by the time I figure that out, I will be the longest inmate at the Institute of Mental Health.

6 Comments:

Blogger pleinelune said...

Thank you so much for including the feed. Makes it much easier for a RSS addict like me to check your blog. :)

3:47 AM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

hahaha pleinelune, no probs :)

4:48 AM  
Blogger mooiness said...

Dude Blogger already had an RSS feed built in for u. That's how I'm reading you - via Bloglines which uses your RSS feed. :)

6:18 AM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

noooooooo, pls tell me i didn't waste my time reading up abt RSS :) so the feedburner thingy is redundant issit? anyways, it seems to have made pleinelune happy... so i guess it worth all those Jessica Alba beers.... :)

7:40 AM  
Blogger mooiness said...

If you read up on it, at least now you understand what it is and what it does. So you gained some knowledge. Heh.

Good job on the alternative acronyms too.

10:26 PM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

heheh thanks mooiness :)

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home