t Double Yellow's Musings: Because God told me so
The warped mind of Double Yellow craves for humor everyday. His daily dose comes from The Straits Times, The Sunday Times, Today, Channelnewsasia, etc. He also thinks that because of this preamble, this blog will never get featured in the local media. And of course, please read the Disclaimer before embarking on the journey.

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Because God told me so

Usually, the U.S. President George Bush gives the world something to laugh about. When he becomes vigilant about what he says, then it’s the media who come up with gaffes about him. But I reckon that George sees the need to show earthlings like us why he is the most powderful man in the world.

In a BBC series called Elusive Peace focusing on the Arab-Palestinian issue, a senior Palestinian negotiator quoted Bush as saying,

President Bush said to all of us: 'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.’

And all this while we thought the invasion of Iraq was about the oil, democracy and getting revenge on Saddam. I wonder what else God is going to ask him to do.

The White House realizing the humungous damage this comment can cause, has come out to deny it and even got the Palestinians to issue a clarification of sorts.

Overheard: God, please tell George Bush to get rid of dengue mosquitoes and bus fare cheats in Singapore. Thanks in advance.

2 Comments:

Blogger Beng said...

Wait! I think I heard Him too! Yes! I remember! I think God told me 4 digits... and He said something like 10 big 10 small...

7:53 AM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

hahaha beng, win million dollar then can retire oredi liao... :) after that can start a course in local poly on how to hear the 4 digits from Him :) do our bit for the economy...

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home