Singapore’s National Animal – White Elephant
I think we need to leverage on this new form of communication. We could go around putting pitchers of white elephants in Sentosa and Haw Par Villa and at the same time keeping some in reserve for the two new casinos. But before doing such things, we need to start at home. Some good places to hang white elephant pitchers will be on your gym gear, vacuum cleaner and massage chair.
We should also start putting cash in white elephant packets (dun worry lah, not against the law one) and pay....
- the doctor who can never seem to prescribe medicine less than $50
- the lawyer who always makes more money for himself than for you
- the housing agent who is more interested in the commission
- the car mechanic who always finds something or the other to replace
- the stock broker who can never give you a bumper stock to buy
- the plumber who replaces your entire sink for every clog
The gahmen should take the lead in this initiative and come up with a white
P.S: I am sure many of you are already working on a new white elephant pitcher to put on your boss’ desk. One piece of advice – remember not to leave it around in the house and let your wife find it and think it’s for her. If that happens, you will be nursing a black eye and groin pain like me :(