t Double Yellow's Musings: I Support Terrorism?
The warped mind of Double Yellow craves for humor everyday. His daily dose comes from The Straits Times, The Sunday Times, Today, Channelnewsasia, etc. He also thinks that because of this preamble, this blog will never get featured in the local media. And of course, please read the Disclaimer before embarking on the journey.

Friday, September 09, 2005

I Support Terrorism?

I thought that only the local media could humor me. But unlike most other things, they cannot claim to have monopoly over this. For I have just come to know that the white elephant incident at Buangkok station “caused a terrorist scare”!!!!!!!!!!




I don’t remember a single news report that spoke about the white elephant episode as a terrorist incident. And I am “cheering [the elephant picture’s] existence”?? Is this website trying to suggest that I support terrorist scares in Singapore?? I fell off my chair laughing because I re-read my post again and again and I make no mention of terrorism leh.

I think the Singapore media has met its match.

The post was put up by some dude called Jose Manuel Tesoro. He is a student at Harvard (dun pray pray noe) and has got some book prize this year also. And then I saw that he was a journalist and suddenly that explained everything :)

4 Comments:

Blogger mooiness said...

Wah lau steady boh ... u famous liao! Wahahahh.....

Erm btw regarding reports of a "999" call to police by some "concerned citizen" about the elephants, do you think that's something made up by the police as an excuse to "investigate"???

KNN so many double quotes there. Hahah!

1:41 AM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

hahaha mooiness...!!! this kind of publicity i dunno whether good or not leh. If i dun post anything over the next coupla days, sure someone pick me up fm my home....

about the 999 call, i dunno whether fake or not. mebbe can test out. I saw ten ppl jaywalking today. Since the police so free, mebbe i shd call 999 and complain and get the police investigate :)

1:59 AM  
Anonymous Joel Tesoro said...

So you don't support cardboard cut-out white elephants?

But that's exactly what your post describes. ;-)

Still, thanks, the "terrorism" fixed & deleted; I had been misled by a quote in some article. I forget how sensitive you folks in Singapore can be about official perceptions, so if you want me to delete the entire reference to Doubleyellow, I will.

9:39 AM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

ah joel, thanx 4 ur comment :) much appreciated. About supporting 'white elephants', yes I do.... but not when it is used as a 'terrorist scare' :)

and thanx for fixing the 'terrorism' thingy. Its not me who is sensitive but the gahmen who may sue Harvard, make them publish apology in every single website on the internet etc etc ;-)

I hv no probs if you leave the link to my blog there. In fact, thank you for putting up the link in the first place :)

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home