Getting Feverish about Dengue
I think the gahmen needs to have a more comprehensive “war on dengue” campaign. They need to give all households a kit that contains....
- a torch (wif batteries of course) so that we can all look for the mosquito in those hard-to-reach places
- a pitcher of how the dengue-causing Aedes mosquito looks like
- a magnifying glass so that we can ensure that the mosquito we kill is really the Aedes
- many coupons to subsidize aircon bills so that we can keep our homes cool
- a form to enter into a contest for the highest number of Aedes mosquitoes killed
- the prize being a trip to a cold country with no mosquitoes
While I eagerly wait for this free kit in the mail, I have decided to launch my own anti-dengue initiative. To ensure that water does not stagnate....
- swim at least twice a week in the local community swimming pool
- go to the beach in Sentosa and East Coast every other day and throw stones in the water (these so-called beaches dun have waves one)
- Shake the water cooler in your office everyday
- Use a different toilet cubicle in your office washroom every time
I think the gahmen must be proud of my effort. All those years of teaching me how to be creative is finally paying off :)
P.S: I know that the attempt to get rid of dengue in Singapore is a serious one but hey, nobody said we need to have a deadpan approach :)