Why our Gahmen is like a Vending Machine – Top Ten Reasons
But when I found a sign on a vending machine that said “IT’s DANGEROUS to Rock or Tilt machine. Can fall over and cause injury or death”, I could not help but think of the similarities between our gahmen and a vending machine.
Here are the Top Ten Reasons....
10. The vending machine runs on power.
9. We have to pay the vending machine in order to get what we want.
8. The vending machine will accept only Singapore coins.
7. The choices available in the vending machine are varied so that every category of sweetmeats and drinks are well represented.
6. You can only select from the choices that the vending machine thinks is good for you.
5. Sometimes the vending machine may decide not to give you what you want even after you have paid for it.
4. If you abuse the vending machine, it will be like talking to a wall.
3. If you kick the vending machine when you don’t get what you want, it’s only your leg that will hurt.
2. Only someone who works for the vending machine can fix any problems with it.
And the Number 1 reason why our gahmen is like a vending machine is....
1. You have to bow before the vending machine everytime before you can take something that you have paid for!