t Double Yellow's Musings: Why I <i>donch</i> care abt the NKF saga...
The warped mind of Double Yellow craves for humor everyday. His daily dose comes from The Straits Times, The Sunday Times, Today, Channelnewsasia, etc. He also thinks that because of this preamble, this blog will never get featured in the local media. And of course, please read the Disclaimer before embarking on the journey.

Thursday, July 14, 2005

Why I donch care abt the NKF saga...

Really, I just don’t care about the NKF saga. Many many years ago, I heard some not so good things (things that will not be repeated here, no transparency lah) about the NKF and its CEO. Suffices to say that I was not very convinced that my $ would have really helped people in need. Anyways, since that time, I’ve never donated to the NKF and don’t think I ever will unless I am convinced otherwise.

While many people are now calling for the NKF CEO to resign, get charitable organizations to be more transparent etc etc, I think many of them are missing the basic point. It basically gets down to the kind of dirt that can be hidden from public view when there is no transparency. Seriously, why should NKF apologize to Singaporeans? Some of us have been so foolish, stupid, trusting, naive and donate our $ to an organization that is totally opaque about the way it conducts its operations.

Sorry, but we have only ourselves to blame.

Updated:
1. Looks like the NKF patron, board and CEO are going to step down. Thank you God!
2. The gahmen has also decided to intervene and appoint a new board and CEO. God, looks like you decided not to grant everything I asked for.
3. God, for the love of God, please let ppl realize that this isnt abt the NKF or charities. Its about transparency in a public organization. Thank you in advance, God.
4. Damn(sorry God), looks like I do care about the NKF thingy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

I want my money back....I pawned my heavenly sword for $50 in order to donate...! :(

7:26 AM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

hahah! dont we all...:)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home