t Double Yellow's Musings: Who am I ?
The warped mind of Double Yellow craves for humor everyday. His daily dose comes from The Straits Times, The Sunday Times, Today, Channelnewsasia, etc. He also thinks that because of this preamble, this blog will never get featured in the local media. And of course, please read the Disclaimer before embarking on the journey.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Who am I ?

I strike fear deep into your heart. I am amidst all of you but you cannot recognize me. I have no respect for your society, your government or your way of life. I can force you to mobilize all state resources towards fighting me. I can make you panic, collapse your economy and make your life a living hell. Oh yes, I can kill if I want to.

I also disregard your sovereign borders. Your immigration can do nothing to stop me from traveling in and out of your country. In fact, I have traveled far and wide and seen places you can only imagine. Don't you even for a moment think that you can stop me by putting security cameras everywhere. Your efforts to fortify key buildings and institutions are futile. I can penetrate any security arrangement you put in place.


I may be lying low for a while but I can come back anytime I want. Mwwaaaahhhhaaa!!!

Who am I ?

Anonymous, you are right - it is indeed the SARS virus!But for those you who guessed terrorism first, nothing wrong either.

But isn't it weird? Why does something like this invoke the threat of terrorism in us instead of the threat of sars or avian bird flu? What about poverty? What about environment? Why is it that the first and foremost threat that we face is terrorism and not anything else? What makes terrorism so special? SARS, bird flu, poverty and environment directly affect human lives unlike terrorism that has a political connotation. Why cant we put more effort in dealing with problems other than terrorism but equally potent?Thats a lot of questions there...I dont have all the answers....maybe you could help me....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most likely the SARS Virus

2:59 AM  
Blogger KnightofPentacles said...

Hate?
Ignorance?

4:58 AM  
Blogger Heavenly Sword said...

Haha...I thought you were referring to a ghost!

9:36 PM  
Blogger doubleyellow said...

hahaha! just something i made up while i hv nothing much 2 do :p (which is like most of the time!)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home