t Double Yellow's Musings: Auditing your blog
The warped mind of Double Yellow craves for humor everyday. His daily dose comes from The Straits Times, The Sunday Times, Today, Channelnewsasia, etc. He also thinks that because of this preamble, this blog will never get featured in the local media. And of course, please read the Disclaimer before embarking on the journey.

Friday, May 27, 2005

Auditing your blog

Last week, I decided to do a check on the number of visitors to my blog. I was pleasantly surprised that I had over 10000 visitors in a week!! That’s correct ten thousand visitors in seven days!! Needless to say, I was elated. I told every Tom, Dick and Harry that the number of people reading the stuff I write had reached five-digits a week. One of my kaki’s in advertising even told me that he would advertise his products on my website and I could begin to earn $$$$. I knew I was going to be famous and soon the mainstream media will begin to feature me and I would be the poster boy for entrepreneur bloggers.

I don’t know why but I decided to get another kaki of mine to do an audit on my blog. Similar to some listed local companies here, he said that there were gross irregularities in my weekly results. According to him, I had overstated the number of visitors to my website by……..ten thousand times! Poof!!! My dream of owning that red Ferrari went up in smoke.

I realized that I was a neighborhood shop compared to the Temasek, GIC, SIA, Singtel of the Singapore blogging world (mrbrown, miyagi, xiaxue, sarongpartygirl - not necessarily in that order). Given my existing financial conditions, I cannot afford a blogging consultant who can tell me how to come out of the red. For now, I can only hire someone who can go to my blog and click the Refresh button a thousand times a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home